Sea Isle City Beach Patrol
Captain Renny Steele 4416 Landis Avenue Sea Isle City, NJ 08243 609-263-3655
The Sea Isle City Beach Patrol is operational and taking surf chair reservations from Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend until Sunday of Labor Day Weekend. The beach patrol will accept requests for reservations between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:30 pm. Reservations for chairs during the off season should be made with the Sea Isle City Public Works Department at 609-263-6000, extension 19.
The Sea Isle City Beach Patrol has a limited number of surf chairs designed for use by the physically disabled. This public service is free of charge. Donations will go toward repair costs and the purchase of additional chairs.
An attendant, 16 years of age or older, is required to push these chairs through the sand. They are designed so that they can be used in approximately six inches of water. Attendants must stay with the chair whenever it is in the water.
Reservations are recommended as far in advance as possible since there is a limited number of chairs available. If there are no reservations available for a particular day, you still may be able to acquire a surf chair. Reserved chairs not picked up by 11:30 am will be distributed to beach patrons who desire a chair, but do not have a reservation.
Please note the following:
1. Two forms of valid identification (one if picture ID) must be presented when the chair is picked up.
2. The beach patrol does not transport these chairs. They are quite large and require a sizable vehicle to transport.
3. Reserved chairs may be picked up between 10:00 am and 11:30 am at Beach Patrol Headquarters, 44th and the Promenade. At 11:30 am unclaimed reserved chairs will be assigned to those waiting at beach patrol headquarters for a chair.
4. Chairs must be returned by 4:30 pm on the day the reservation terminates. Reserved chairs can only be held overnight if they are secured in a locked garage or shed.
5. Surf chairs can only be used on Sea Isle City beaches.
6. The individual reserving the surf chair is responsible for irreparable damage or theft at the replacement cost.
7. An individual may reserve a surf chair for up to fourteen consecutive days. That individual may claim non-reserved chairs each morning for as many days as they wish.
8. Maximum allowable weight for an individual using a surf chair is 250 pounds.